clamd stirbt reihenweise...

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Fr Jan 26 16:34:38 CET 2018

* Wolfram Greinert <greinert at rz.uni-leipzig.de>:
> Hallo,
>
> On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 03:17:24PM +0100, Ralf Steuer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > anscheinend ist es mit dem hier enthaltenen Patch gefixt:
> > http://lists.clamav.net/pipermail/clamav-users/2018-January/005687.html
> > Bisher ist es bei uns zumindest nicht nochmal aufgetreteten. Stehen auch
> > bei Signatur Version: 24257
>
> ich habe den patch bei uns eingespielt, danach sieht es besser aus. Vorher
> stieg die Anzahl der offenen files bis zum limit (10240) an und der clamd hat
> sich verabschidet. Nach dem patch bleibt die Anzahl bei 9-12 stabil.

Ja, so soll er sich verhalten.
Ich bin auf 0.99.3 mit dem Patch
https://gist.github.com/manuelm/dbc94001c77c07363cdcb5b390c2cb04

Bonusinfo:

I found adding Vbs.Downloader.Generic-6431223-0 to local.ign2 and
restarting clamd fixed the problem.

This sig turned up in an update at 11:51AM GMT+10 26/1/2018 and problem
began a few minutes later clamd run out of file descriptors.

I also had to clean out TemporaryDirectory before restarting.

Not sure what the exact reason for problem is.

There is an EOF-15 in a subsig.  Perhaps this causes a performance hit on
large text files as end of file must be seeked to and this is sufficient
on busy system to cause demand to exceed supply.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
  Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin